Markward Day Camp 2019
Camp registration has closed for 2019.
Camp Director: Ms. Judy Crossan
Camp Dates: 7/1/19 thru 8/9/19
Camp Ages: Age 5 and entering Kindergarten September 2019 thru age 13
400 South Taney Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Registration (Space is limited.)
Registration for RETURNING campers has begun.Please get the camp application from our website www.markwardplayground.com and return it with a $35 non-refundable deposit by March 1st. After March 4th we will open registration to NEW campers and registration will close when we have our target number. Once we reach that number we will no longer take any applications and there will not be a waiting list.
You may register by mail or in person.
9:00am – 3:00pm: $125.00 per week
9:00am – 5:00pm: $145.00 per week
Each camper must sign up for a minimum of 3 weeks for camp. Camp will be offered for a total of 7 weeks this year.
Please make checks/money orders payable to: “Markward A.C.”
Cash will NOT be accepted.
Money orders are free at 31st & Grays Ferry Ave. If your check bounces, however, you will be charged a fee of $15 per bounced check.
There will be a $15 fee per day for any child picked up more than 15 minutes after their designated pick-up time. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED THIS YEAR.
Included in camp fee are all trips (except Clementon & Dorney), arts and crafts, tennis, other sports, breakfast, snacks, special events, one camp t-shirt and swimming. LUNCHES ARE NOT PROVIDED.
If a child comes to camp for one day, payment for the entire week is still required. There is no pro-rating.
All campers will receive a Camp T-shirt for all trips. This shirt must be worn in order for the child to go on any trip. Additional shirts may be ordered for $10 per shirt at time of registration.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Regular camp will run July 1st-August 9th.
A MINI CAMP will take place the weeks of June 17th and June 24th.
- Camp those two weeks will run from 9-3
- The cost for the two weeks is $225 per camper
- Breakfast & snack will be provided
- There will be trips during these weeks
- Space is limited for these weeks
- Payment for Mini Camp must be received by June 7th
- One registration fee covers mini camp and regular camp
Tentative Trips 2019
- Dorney Park
- Swim Meet here at O’Connor Pool
- Fire Prevention Play
- Clementon Park
- SNEAKERS are required everyday.
- Campers should bring suntan lotion.
- Cell phones should not be brought to camp.
- Electronic games of any type are not permitted.
- If a child comes to camp for one day, payment for the entire week is required.
- There is no going to the store or ordering food for camp.
- Scooters, skateboards, bikes or toys of any type may not be brought to camp.
- Payment is due during the week the child attends, checks or money orders can be made payable to “Markward A.C.”
- No cash will be accepted.
- Schedules are subject to change due to weather conditions.
- Campers should bring their own lunch each day.
- Campers must bring bathing suit and towel EVERYDAY. It is good to have swimsuit even on trip days in case we have time for swimming.